Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Moving.



It's official. We're moving to Omaha. It's the right thing to do but I can't help missing Bend something mighty. My life has evolved so much since I moved there; job changes, new friends, meeting my husband, getting engaged and married, getting our dog. I don't want to forget some of my favorite things about the little mountain town that I love so much. Better write them down, as to never forget.

Things I will miss about living in Bend:

3 great years in this house.

Summer. Floating the river. OUR FRIENDS. Our friends are so, so great. Jackson's Corner. Riding my bike. Mountain views. Food carts. Ocean proximity. Dogs everywhere. O'Kanes. Drake Park. Brother John's. Dog parks. Deschutes River. Riverside Market. Huge orange poppies. Wild strawberries surprises. The Farmer's Market. Sparrow Bakery. Planting flowers around the tree. Our landlords. Our street. Our neighborhood. The big blonde guy who always has a floppy mohawk, walking around our neighborhood. Our neighbor's dogs. Bite of Bend. Bend Brewfest. Hoppy beer. All the breweries. Les Schwab Amphitheater. Free Summer Sunday concerts. Taking my dog with me everywhere. Pho. Rockin Dave's. Wall St. and Bond St. Our deck and backyard. Walking dogs with friends. Dog-friendly attitude. Make Local Habit. Happy Hours. Dudley's Bookstore. Riding our moped. Jump-starting our moped every time. Elk Lake.

The weird tulip that comes up every year in the front yard.

Living in Omaha will be different. I'm feeling positive about it and hope I will come to find things I love about this new community.

No comments: